Do You Know What Today Is?!




It's my 2 year blogiversary. The time has definitely flown by - it does not feel like 2 years since I started.

However, I have missed interacting with you these past few weeks - life has kept me distracted and if I can be honest...my passion for writing has fizzled. I have not been in the mood, hence, no good topics developing for me. Every writer experiences it, I promise I am making a come back. I will never escape the beauty of writing. It is too much a part of me. James Salter may have said it best in All That Is:
 "There comes a time when you realize that everything is a dream, and only those things preserved in writing have any possibility of being real."

I reflected on what I was doing last year this time by reading this  and I find it quite ironic that I am currently wearing my Temple shorts (again), I had pizza for dinner (are you surprised), AND we had a family movie night. How crazy is it I was doing, eating, and wearing the same thing this time last year except for the fact I was watching movies by myself instead of with my fam?! And season 2 of Newsroom premieres tonight.

Yet this year I have a heavy heart. My heart aches for the family of a dead teenager. My heart breaks for the reality of the world we live in, our justice system & for the children who are subjected to it. My anger is fueled by the threatening of woman's rights being stripped again. What do we do to  implement the change we desperately need to see? My first step is prayer because He is the final judge.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top