10:08pm

A part of maturing is knowing when you need to take a pause from what you intended in order to respect what is happening around you.

When I heard the first reports of the mass shooting in Las Vegas came in at 10:08pm (10/8 being my birthday), I knew this was the case. Let's pause 35 to 35 to reflect and pray for our country.

I do not have the words to properly convey how I feel, and when this happens I know for a fact I should just be still. I pulled out my Bible and exclaimed OHHHHH when I saw these verses highlighted: Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God's people are in need, be ready to help them. Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. Romans 12:9-13, 17, 19

At times like now when we feel helpless, let's remember to genuinely love one another. Deal?!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top