The Takeover Continues - Adulting

Hope you've enjoyed the laughs so far. Personally, I'm still chuckling at Holly's illustrious description of how we shut things down at our senior prom. That's just the way the cookie crumbles, right? 

This is the part of the takeover where I reflect on the more recent years in friendship with Holly. Adulthood is a funny thing. On the one hand, you try to figure out how you got here and who signed you up for this foolishness (hopefully I'm not just speaking for myself here). On the other hand, you embrace all of the magic and opportunities that come with being a grown woman. Traveling, trying new recipes, pursuing your dreams, and chasing new experiences are just some of what I love about adulting.

With that said, there is SO much that Holly has introduced me to. It's because of her that I've spent birthdays with Michael Strahan and seen on television taking selfies with Ben Stiller. 



Holly's the one who put me on to places like Milk Bar and Magnolia Bakery, making it impossible to visit Manhattan without stopping by at least one of them. Dude, I spent over $20 on Magnolia's cheesecake and banana pudding the other day!


If you know Holly, then you also know she's an avid reader. The amount of reading she does each year is incredible. What this means is you can always trust her recommendation for a good read OR she may surprise you with a delivery containing a book she knew was perfect for you. 


In an earlier post, I mentioned the book Leave Your Mark. Imagine my surprise when this was sent to my office and it was from my girl, Holly. Yes, she's that kind of friend!

Holls, on your birthday, I celebrate you for making adulting fun and oh so fabulous. 




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top