Stop and Go

Let me paint the picture for you. I was sitting in the Dunkin' Donuts drive thru (we have already established this is my mama's preference - don't worry, you know who still holds a piece of my heart) - the line was long - wrapped around the building.


I wasn't in a rush. I needed a mental break from content marketing and social media; my song was on; sunroof was open; hair blowing. It blew in my eye and as I was pushing it to the side - I hear from behind me, "Can I run my hands through your hair too?!"

Now if you know me, you know this took me by pause and I cocked my head to the side as I glanced in my rear view mirror. I thought to myself, oh - he's cute. So I laughed and asked him, "ARE YOUR HANDS CLEAN?!" As we moved up in the line, he showed me his hands were in fact clean and asked me my name. Quad and I continued bantering back and forth until I pulled up to get my order.

At this moment, I started thinking - what's the next move?! Do I pull into a parking spot so we can exchange numbers??? Is this how you meet people nowadays??? OR do I pull off and head back to my work awaiting me. 

Can you guess what I did next?! Yup - I pulled off. When I hit the light I realized Dunkin' messed up my order by giving me an iced tea AND NOT my iced coffee (Starbucks gets it right in case you were wondering). I pulled a quick u-turn in the middle of Wayne Ave and headed back to the scene of the crime - and waved goodbye to Quad as he passed me in traffic.

So uhhhhh...talk to me. Was this a missed opportunity?! Should I have legit pulled over to possibly continue our convo at a later time? Is this how people meet outside of dating apps and social media?! I have questions and I need answers.

*cues Raheem Devaughn* Welcome, can I help you? Take a minute to read the menu...


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top