Dump Cake?!?!

My Uncle Mike had a cookout yesterday for Memorial Day - we had a really good time - this was the first time I ever saw my nephew actually "dirty" - his clothes (including socks) and sneakers had dirt all over them - this means he had fun, right?! And with no nap. SMH! Guess who got stuck with clean up duty?! 

I'm here - the party can get started now
Trying to decide what to get into
This is my bench - I don't want to share
Getting FILTHY is hard work - Auntie, I am taking over your bed
While Price was being a boy, I was busy sampling food and I caught eye of a dessert - something I had never seen before, but the buttery crumb topping called me so I had to try a piece since I am all about trying new foods now. When I cut into it, I noticed there were pineapples and cherries involved - and a sauce - couldn't tell if this was a cobbler or cake - but thank goodness for google because it sure was delicious!!! 

I discovered this "dump cake" is quite famous and it is really simple to make (I probably will not make it since it calls for boxed cake mix - but don't fret, I found another option that is home made and it includes strawberries & pineapples - I will definitely be trying this recipe in a few weeks and if it is delicious I will post). 

Anyways, if you want to make the dump cake here is the recipe: 

Ingredients
1 can of pineapples
1 can of cherry pie filling
1 to 2 sticks of unsalted butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Open and place the pineapples on the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch cake pan. Pour the juice in the pan as well. Open the can of cherry pie filling and gently use the spoon to dump it evenly on top of the pineapple. Open the box of cake mix and gently distribute the dry mix evenly on top of the fruit. Do not stir.

Now, either melt the butter and pour it evenly over the dry cake mix, or you can cut the butter into little chunks and place the little chunks of butter evenly on top of the cake mix.

Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to one hour or until the cake is bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm (not hot) or at room temperature with or without a scoop of ice cream on top.

Sounds easy enough, right?!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top