Trick or Treat?

I woke up today in a FOUL mood and expressed my disgust to my father. 

Let me explain - I have been without power since 8pm Monday night - and this means I have been scrambling to charge my phone and I have not watched any of my shows (luckily most of my evening series did not air new episodes this week due to Sandy - she was a NASTY trick). 

Anyways, yes I was a Girl Scout, but they did not prepare me for this and I was sick of living like this: 


Last night I ended up trying out new metallic nail polish to elevate my spirits - I LOVE IT - 

Essie's No Place Like Chrome

I got this polish to go with my Halloween costume for the Live with Kelly & Michael show - oh yes, that's right - we got invited to go to the show today AND on Monday for the rescheduled Halloween Extravaganza show - BUT GUESS WHO NOW CANNOT GET OFF WORK DUE TO SANDY, INSURANCE CLAIMS, AND ACCOUNTING WORK?!?! That's right - me and Jeannette. After trying for months to get tickets, I ended up with two invites and now I need to resubmit for another date. Not to mention navigating NYC without their subway system doesn't sound like fun. Blows right?! I feel like I was teased with such a delicious treat and then it was snatched away. Oh but wait - it gets better! 

I go to work today on my day off just to charge my phone and laptop - oh and to help out since there is an increased work load - and guess whose systems are down at work?! And this means I was HANDWRITING claims ALL DAY LONG!!! (Don't they know I need to save my good penmanship to write Kelly another letter.) I was going to work at least 10 hours since I had no power at home, however, I tapped out at 6. My hand could not take it anymore - but I appreciate the electricity and the pizza for lunch. I jumped in the car and crossed my fingers that power would be restored when I got home. 

Driving down the street, I saw this and I got excited and then I entered my COLD house - left back out for dinner, returned and the house was STILL cold. And to top it off my phone was DYING - so I went next door to charge my phone and sit next to their fire place while I watched a movie (Lauren's parents bought a generator). 


I came home and was smacked in the face with my reality and posted this pic to instagram. 


But then I decided I NEVER dressed up for Halloween as an adult, I made my costume, so why not play dress up in the dark and see what it looks like all put together in an attempt to rid myself of my attitude. Here's my variation of a pink lady bug - I LOVE IT!!! And I know I would have had a ball in NYC in my get up with my girl friends. 


Oh yeah - my hair was NOT going to be in a bun, it was going to be loose curls with the top pinned back, but did I mention Sandy?! Yeah - couldn't even do my hair! 



As I was prancing around in my tutu putting on a show for my parents, taking pics in the bathroom (by candle light), I heard tvs and lights came on and I just started screaming - I looked at the clock and it was 10:08 (my bday) - I then ran outside and yelled to the PECO men "Thank you, I Love You" - then I heard other neighbors saying the same thing. 

GRATEFUL doesn't begin to describe how I feel. I was literally at my wit's end and ready to snap. My tolerance level was in the negative. I realized it's the little things we take for granted, however, my main priority these last few days was a fully charged phone. I REFUSED to do without and when we would go out to eat I would request a table near an outlet and I drained 2 laptops charging my phone while in the house. The next thing I missed the most: MY TV. I have to catch up on my stories. 

After Sandy played a dirty trick on me, the PECO men gave me a wonderful treat. Happy Halloween everybody. I am ending my night with a candle lit shower and not because I have to, but because I want to. Unfortunately, I am out of wine - MUST restock soon.

P.S. Jeannette, can we plan to do Halloween in NYC next year?! Dressing up is fun!!!

*one more special note* PLEASE do not utter in my presence how Sandy was not that bad because it DID NOT IMPACT YOU. I got off easy - I just lost power and some food. People lost their lives and their homes, their livelihood and they now have to rebuild - the damages have been devastating. Remain thankful for your blessings and pray for those still trying to overcome their hardships. *stepping off my soapbox now* 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top