Diving Between March's Covers

I found myself playing a little game this month called finish the books on your night stand the library will no longer allow you to renew

You see I was sick for almost a month and instead of reading, I watched mindless tv since I could not force myself to focus outside of work. Needless to say, I have NOT written any content personally or professionally. 

BUT here are the few books I managed to consume. 

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
I don't even know where to begin with this book without giving anything away, so let me just leave you with 3 of my favorite quotes from this read. 

Sometimes you can do everything right and things will still go wrong. The key is to never stop doing right. 

What's the point of having a voice if you're gonna be silent in those moments you shouldn't be? 

At an early age I learned that people make mistakes, and you have to decide if their mistakes are bigger than your love for them. 

Needless to say, this book will definitely spark controvesy and is relevant in today's current climate. I would have loved to hate it - but I didn't. It was needed. Gabi is interested in reading it - I need to talk to her father and see if he thinks it is too heavy. 

I am very open to healthy, respectful dialogue if you happened to read this book. 

Still Me by Jojo Moyes
This is possibly the final installment in the Me Before You series. I am now content if it ends here. I didn't love it, but I am satisfied in knowing Louisa Clark finally found her voice and discovered her passion.  
Best Laid Plans by Brenda Jackson
It has been a few years since I have read a book from Mrs. Jackson's Madaris Family series. It amazes me how I still remember characters from old books as I discover how someone else's story pans out. I kind of like the "catch up" and as always, I devoured this book as soon as I picked it up. I was sated upon completion. 

Any book recommendations for me as I begin to compile my summer reading list? 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top