Dear Tequila...

I am breaking up with you. Don't worry...it is definitely me and not you. 

After rough days, I used to come home and unwind with a strawberry lime margarita. So delicious, so refreshing. Yet one night in July, I found myself destressing with Jessica. We threw on No Hands Pandora radio, and poured drinks with you as we danced and caught up. 

By the end of the night, we were feeling ourselves and immediately crashed. Luckily, I worked from home the next day and did not have to endure a LONG commute...but whoaaaa...no coffee could cure how I was feeling. Tequila, WHAT DID YOU DO?! 

I felt like I was in my early 20s and the only thing I wanted was a cheesesteak AND fries. Grease was definitely what the doctor ordered to soak up your remnants. 

I broke up with you that fateful night in July, but I am just finding the words to speak my heart. (My friends yell at me about the delays I allow to happen before expressing myself - I am working on communicating my feelings more timely. Always a work in progress...

But here comes the hard part...remember when Larry introduced me to ciders & ales?! Of course you don't remember, because you thought you were all I needed and no one could ever compare. Anyways, I was walking in Giant one day and decided to wander in their wine & beer garden...I found cases of black cherry, peach, blueberry, and apple ales. 
You were immediately replaced. On top of the fact, I did not like how you made me feel the last time we were together - it was now more convenient for me to start seeing someone else. 

Sorry, not sorry...I hope there aren't any hard feelings. We created a ton of great memories. And who knows what the future holds...we may just meet again. Maybe in Cabo?! XOXO

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top