A Holly Day Blog Takeover

For the past 20 years, I've only known October 8 to mean one thing. Holly's Birthday! Also known as Holly Day! You see, for us, our birthdays are a big deal; month-long events that are deliberate and intentional from start to finish.

When I was invited to be a part of #diveinto35 and to help celebrate this year's milestone with a blog takeover, my first thought was: Wow, she's really going to let me do this? How brave is she?

You see, the thing about Holly and I is that we love do things differently. We have to leave a mark.
(Sidenote: Holly actually bought me a book called Leave Your Mark and it's one of my favorite books ever. So you know it's real.) Another quality we share is that we take friendships very seriously. We take special care not to bestow this label upon any and everyone because the truth is friendships are work! When you do it the right way, you take the time to hold one another up, to encourage, and to cheer for one another. You're there for all of life's milestones -- with bells on and a selfie stick to capture every second of it.

That's what Holly does for me.

Before I continue, I suppose I should introduce myself. Andrea here. Better known as Drea. It's possible that I'm even more well known as the other birthday month extremist (Pssst! February is just four months away!) and/or Holly's frequent travel buddy to NY.

Yes, Holly and I have 20 years of friendship between us. We met in high school and the friendship has withstood the tests of time.


Which brings me to why I'm here today. At first I was going to take over the blog by gathering fun memories and reflections from all of our mutual friends. By Facebook's count, there are 138 of them so there would be no shortage of content, that was for certain.

But then, knowing someone for two whole decades got me thinking. We've really put in some years together. And with years comes pictures....

It's a bit selfish to make this takeover solely about my friendship with Holly, but that's exactly what I intend to do with the pictures I'll be showing throughout the day. Besides, the other thing I love about Holly is that she constantly reminds me of my God-given right to be selfish from time to time.

(I also love her because of the petty moments she grants me when I need to privately vent about people who are publicly stupid, but I digress).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy today's takeover; a trip down memory lane through pictures. We've been friends since those oh-so-fun teenage years when we walked the halls of Dear Old Central High and used those same halls to do a little flirting with cute school boys from time to time. Today we're unapologetically fierce, about our business, and enjoying the women and individuals we've grown up to become. Cheers to Holly as she celebrates 35 years today. Let's #diveinto35.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top