Bidding Adieu to Summer 2016

The temps may linger a little while longer, but we are being forced to say good bye to summer ya'll. I do not mind because that just means it is almost Libra season and I am ready for some birthday behavior .

Before we bid adieu I must admit...summer has been good to me. I am still plowing through my summer reading list, but I made great progress with over 20 books read. My favorites: Brave Enough, In Twenty Years, and I Almost Forgot About You.

Lounging by the pool is always a treat. Thanks to Drea, Tanya, and Chuck my heart was content.

I even managed to escape to the beach  and I enjoyed it

And who can talk about pools & beaches without mentioning drinks?! I discovered strawberry lime margaritas and I didn't regret any of those sips...just the spilled tequila on the patio when my mom's mason jar broke.
Did someone say ice-cream?! Ice-cream may have been mandatory at least 4 days a week.
Speaking of treats...we made rainbow pretzel wands to bid farewell to the kid's pre-k class .
Do you know how much fun I had with my friends collecting content for Sip & Savor?! Outside of the laughs and convo, we ate so much good food. Of course, there were lots of cupcakes consumed.
Happy Birthday Amber and Chuck! 
Here are 5 more of my favorite memories from this summer:

  • I love when somebody works magic in my hair. The Drybar was a dream come true.
  • I always welcome the experience to learn more - Digital Summit Philly did not disappoint.
  • Breaking the rules is my thing. Instead of a cookout for the 4th of July, Thanksgiving in July seemed just right. 
  • There is nothing like experiencing a live performance. Thanks Val & Maks for showing us how you do things your way.
  • And who could forget our blogiversary. Simply perfection.

With all these great moments, there were also lessons learned. The most poignant one?! People closest to you WILL disappoint you. There is nothing you can do to avoid this, I guess it is a part of life. If the relationship is worth salvaging, you should discuss how you feel and come to a mutual agreement to move on. The hardest part of all this...not allowing this disappointment to outweigh all the good they may contribute to your life. Just remember: nobody is perfect and we all f&*k up from time to time even when you think some things should be common sense. This adulting thing is NO joke.

The final sunset of summer is now complete, but before we jump into autumn I want to know about your favorite memories experienced in Summer 2016. Sound off in the comments below.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top